To obtain the nutrition necessary for healthy living, people age 60 and older and their spouses can eat at Senior Meal sites throughout South Dakota. The Mitchell Senior Meals program serves lunch in a congregate/group setting.
Communities Served by Senior Meals
- Mount Vernon
- $3.50 in Mt. Vernon, and Tripp
- $4.00 in Mitchell and Parkston
Mitchell Meals Locations
- Cathedral Square Apartments - 11:00 a.m.
- Greenridge Apartments - 11:10 a.m.
- James Valley Community Center - 11:30 a.m.
- Meadowlawn Plaza - 11:20 a.m.
- Wesley Acres Senior Living - 11:30 a.m.
Senior Meals Dining Card
In order to expand your dining options with the Mitchell Senior Meals program, we are excited to introduce our “Dining Card.” This card will allow eligible participants age 60 or older the opportunity to enjoy a nutritious meal for only $4 at County Fair Deli.
County Fair Deli
- Available 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. (8 p.m. during the summer) Sunday through Saturday
- Choice Meat:
- Chicken Breast
- Chicken Thigh
- 2 Chicken Legs
- 2 Chicken Wings
- Choice of 2 Sides
- Mac and Cheese
- Mashed Potato
- Potato Salad
- Other current available options
- Available 11:00am-7:00pm Sunday through Saturday
- Chicken meal with Choice of Side
- Soups & Sandwich
- Daily Specials
- All Meals will be served with a choice of coffee or milk
Meal tickets are available at the city's Community Services office located at the James Valley Community Center (300 West First Avenue, Mitchell).
Senior Meals tickets are a thoughtful way to remember a parent, neighbor or friend on birthdays or holidays.
The Community Services Advisory Board meets the 2nd Thursday of every month from 10-11 a.m. at the James Valley Community Center.
We are excited to introduce our new Second Meal options! These meals are manufactured in a USDA-inspected facility and are flash-frozen to guarantee freshness. They can be reheated in either an oven or microwave and meet 1/3 of your Dietary Reference Intake (DRI). They make a perfect evening or weekend meal option!
Senior Meal Participants may purchase up to ten (10) meals per week. The cost per meal is only $2 for anyone age 60 and over or $3 for those under the age of 60. Your current meal punch ticket may be used (one punch equals two meals) to purchase these meals. You may come to JVCC to pick up your meals during the week or they can be delivered to your congregate site on Fridays. To have you meals delivered you must call or office at 605-995-8441 before 8:00am on Friday.