To obtain the nutrition necessary for healthy living, people age 60 and older and their spouses can eat at Senior Meal sites throughout South Dakota. The Mitchell Senior Meals program serves lunch in a congregate/group setting.
Communities Served by Senior Meals
- Mount Vernon
- $3.50 in Parkston, Mt. Vernon, and Tripp
- $4.00 in Mitchell
Mitchell Meals Locations
- Cathedral Square Apartments - 11:00 a.m.
- Greenridge Apartments - 11:10 a.m.
- James Valley Community Center - 11:30 a.m.
- Meadowlawn Plaza - 11:20 a.m.
- Wesley Acres Senior Living - 11:30 a.m.
Senior Meals Dining Card
In order to expand your dining options with the Mitchell Senior Meals program, we are excited to introduce our “Dining Card.” This card will allow eligible participants age 60 or older the opportunity to enjoy a nutritious meal for only $4 at Rita's Place or County Fair Deli.
- Daily Specials are available from 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Monday: Soup and Sandwich
- Tuesday: Meat, Potato and Vegetable
- Wednesday: Chicken, Potato and Vegetable
- Thursday: Casserole and Vegetable
- Friday: Sandwich and Fries
County Fair Deli
- Available 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. (8 p.m. during the summer) Sunday through Saturday
- Choice Meat:
- Chicken Breast
- Chicken Thigh
- 2 Chicken Legs
- 2 Chicken Wings
- Choice of 2 Sides
- Mac and Cheese
- Mashed Potato
- Potato Salad
- Other current available options
Meal tickets are available at the city's Community Services office located at the James Valley Community Center (300 West First Avenue, Mitchell).
Senior Meals tickets are a thoughtful way to remember a parent, neighbor or friend on birthdays or holidays.
The Community Services Advisory Board meets the 2nd Thursday of every month from 10-11 a.m. at the James Valley Community Center.